May 27, 2020 by Stuart Bentley
What we are doing to stay safe
We can’t wait to be back to work helping and treating our patients as normal! We know that many of you are looking forward to coming back in to see us and we are hoping that we will be able to resume some sort of normality in a couple of weeks time.
In the meantime we are working really hard to ensure that when we do reopen we are able to reduce the risk of Covid-19 spread as much as possible.
These are just some of the measures that are now in place to keep you safe if you need to visit us.
• We are screening both staff and patients for any Covid-19 symptoms prior to all appointments. This will include a questionnaire and may involve taking temperatures prior to entering the building.
• We have a risk assessment protocol in place that prioritises your safety and well-being. This protocol enables us to decide on the safest form of appointment. In some cases we are advising video calls rather than a face to face visit to reduce risks in those who need advice support and assessment but are currently vulnerable or shielding.
• All patients will be asked to sanitise their hands on entry to the building.
• Our Osteopaths will be wearing aprons, gloves and appropriate face masks during any face to face contact. Current government guidelines suggest that it is advisable to wear a face covering whilst in shops or any indoor public space. So we are asking our patients to bring a face covering for use during their appointment.
• We are operating with a minimum number of people in our clinic at any one time.
• We are trying to limit the amount of time spent in the clinic as much as we can so we are sometimes taking information via telephone in advance and we are asking people to wait in their cars rather than the waiting room when possible.
• We are booking time in between each appointment to clean and disinfect all surfaces.
• Our staff and practitioners have all undergone training in infection prevention and control and are following strict hygiene guidelines.
• Our booking system allows you to book or rearrange your appointments, organise a video consultation with your osteopath and pay for treatment online.
• We are not currently accepting cash or cheques but ask that you pay with contactless or online methods.
Stay safe everyone. If you need our advice and help before we reopen just call and leave us a message and I will return your call.