Stuart Bentley Osteopath is OPEN for face-to-face appointments. However, if you feel you would prefer an online appointment, please read the following for guidance.
There are many aspects of a consultation that can be done online, assessment, exercises, ergonomic and self-help advice can all be offered remotely. It’s not perfect but at a time when there are very few other options it is already proving to be very useful tool for many of my regular patients.
Who are online appointments for?
- You’ve have a new pain or injury and want a diagnosis of what’s causing it and help to recover
- You’ve have an existing injury and are fed up with it
- You were previously having treatment at our clinic or elsewhere and want to continue your recovery
- You have a longstanding condition and it’s being affected by being less active whilst in lockdown
- You had orthopaedic surgery and any post-op rehab has now been stopped
- You’re working from home and your new ‘office’ set up is causing you neck, back, shoulder or arm problems
What does an online appointment involve?
We have set up Video Consultations via Zoom, Phone/ Skype/ FaceTime/ WhatsApp.
- Once you’ve booked your online appointment, you will receive an email confirmation of your appointment.
- At your appointment time, have everything ready and your email open and you will be sent the link to your appointment.
- The link will take you through to your online appointment.
- We will introduce ourselves, ask you lots of questions and get you to try some movements or tests to help identify what’s going on.
- We’ll then explain your injury and give you opportunity to ask lots of questions.
- We’ll give you a comprehensive treatment plan, which may include self-treatment techniques, an exercise programme, adjustments you can make at home etc.
- Any further appointments needed can be booked.
- After your appointment you will be sent a detailed exercise program and an invoice with a link to pay for your appointment securely online if you haven’t already paid.
To carry out an online consultation you will need to have:
- An email address where we can send your online consultation invitation
- A device (computer, iPad, tablet or phone) with video / webcam facilities
- Internet connection
- A quiet area so you can focus on the advice and support being given
- Space in front of your camera so that you can move
How do I book an online appointment?
- All you need to do is call us on 01642 989 800 or below to book your consultation (select Virtual Consultation for New Patient for your first appointment).
- You will be sent an email with a link for your video consultation.
- At your appointment time, click the link and you will be connected to your Virtual Appointment.
- After your appointment, you will be sent an exercise program via email.
- If you need a further appointment, this can be booked at the end of your appointment or you can do this online below.
How much does an online appointment cost?
Both an Initial Virtual Consultation and Follow Up Virtual Consultation will last between 45-60 minutes, the charge is £55 per appointment.
How will an online appointment help me?
The aim of Osteopathy is:
- To help identify the cause, nature and issues relating to your specific injury so you can understand exactly what’s going on
- Educate and advise you on the best way of managing your injury
- To use a range of treatments and exercises to help relieve your symptoms and help you recover quickly
- To optimise both your recovery and prevent future injuries
The support we can give you online is very detailed and comprehensive. Although we can’t provide ‘hands on’ or ‘face to face’ treatments, there are so many others ways that we can help you.
If you feel you may benefit from a remote consultation contact the clinic at any time or book online via the following button.
I am also regularly posting tips and advice on common aches and pains and surviving lockdown via our Facebook page.
Stay in touch and stay safe!