Face to Face Appointments
Stuart Bentley Osteopath is OPEN for face to face appointments. Our priority is to keep you as safe as possible, we have implemented a number of changes which we would like to make you aware of.
What are we doing to stay safe during the Covid 19 pandemic?
These are just some of the measures that are now in place to keep you safe if you need to visit us.
* We have a risk assessment protocol in place that prioritises your safety and well-being. This protocol enables us to decide on the safest form of appointment. In some cases we are now advising video consultations rather than a face to face visit. This is to reduce risks for those who are deemed more vulnerable. Video consultations can be as affective as a face to face treatment as we are still able to conduct a full assessment and give help and advice.
* We are screening both staff and patients for any Covid 19 symptoms prior to all appointments.
* All patients will be asked to sanitise their hands on entry to the building.
* We ask that you wear an appropriate face covering whilst you are in the building. During your treatment we may ask you to wear one of our own face coverings. Please let us know if you are medically exempt from wearing a mask so that we can inform your practitioner.
* Our Osteopaths will be wearing aprons, gloves and appropriate face masks during any face to face contact.
* We are allowing extra time in between patients and ventilating our treatment rooms in between appointments. For infection prevention reasons we are currently not allowed to use pillow slips or have towels to cover up patients.
*We are also using an air filtration system in our treatment rooms.
* We are operating with a minimum number of people in our clinic at any one time. With this in mind please be prompt for your appointment and avoid arriving more than 5 minutes before your allotted time.
* We are trying to limit the amount of time spent in the clinic as much as we can so we are sometimes taking information via telephone in advance and we are asking people to wait in their cars rather than the waiting room when possible and your practitioner will come out to collect you.
* We are asking that patients come into the clinic alone, however, if you feel you need someone else to come with you please let us know as we can arrange to screen them as well. This rule does not apply to our younger patients, anyone under 18 will continue to need to have a parent/guardian with them.
* Our staff and practitioners have all undergone training in infection prevention and control and are following strict hygiene guidelines. We have allowed for time in between each appointment to clean and disinfect all surfaces.
* Our toilet facilities are open for use but we would like to make you aware that this is a public building containing several different businesses, and therefore the toilet facilities are not just used by us so please be aware that social distancing in the corridor area may be required.
* If you booked online you may have noticed the new booking system. This is a new a secure way of staying in contact with us, you can use it to book or rearrange your appointments and to pay online. Your osteopath can also use it to send you exercises or advice sheets. So please take the time to set up your account with us.
* At the moment our receptionist team are working in the mornings so they may not be in reception to greet you. If you have a smart phone you can check in online at
Or by scanning the QR code which is on display in our car park window and in our reception.
This will let your osteopath know that you have arrived and are waiting.
* If you are on any regular medication please have a copy of your current prescription for your osteopath to see.
* It is advisable to wear comfortable, stretchy clothing that you can easily move about in; for example a vest top / leggings / shorts / cotton trousers, but preferably not jeans.
* We are asking our patients to pay with a card rather than with cheque or cash.
If you would like to read our risk assessment and mitigation policy please click Here